Monday, September 19, 2011

Chicago Botanic Garden

Well, I don't know about you but I had a very busy yet productive weekend!  Antoine and I got some major house stuff done, which was awesome.  However, the house is a wreck because of said productivity (things in rooms they shouldn't be in), but hopefully this coming weekend we can get everything situated.

Anyway, it's time for another Chicago recap.  And lucky for you, this happens to be the last one.

One of the last things Antoine and I did while I was visiting him in Chicago (besides going swimming in the hotel's pool...YES!) was a trip to the Chicago Botanic Gardens.  I had been once before and loved it, but this was Antoine's first time.  One of the awesome things about the gardens is they are free, but one of the not so awesome things is that parking is $20 per car.  But, lucky for us, our hotel offered free shuttle rides to and from the gardens (perk of staying just down the street).  Not only did we save $20, but we beat a ton of traffic heading into the gardens, because we bypassed all those waiting to park.

The Chicago Botanic Garden is probably my favorite of all the botanic gardens I've been to (except maybe Kew Gardens in London).  It's an extremely large property with a wide variety of different types of gardens and plants, including many areas with water gardens (more than I've seen at other places I've been).  It's a really nice place to spend the day when the weather is mild and sunny.



 









 

 They even have a fruit and veggie garden that's on it's own little island.

Who knew okra was so pretty!?



 From the English Rose Garden, naturally.






The perfect end to a wonderful trip.  I cannot wait until my next trip to Chicago (maybe later this year?)...I absolutely love that city!

No comments: