Thursday, March 15, 2012

It's Like Junior High Again!

For about a month and a half now, I've been painting my nails at least 2 or 3 times a week, experimenting with different color combos and techniques.  It all makes me feel like I'm in Junior High again.  When I was in Junior High I would lock myself in my bedroom for hours (without the windows open, to my parents' constant dismay) and paint my nails, blue with big yellow stars, cute little hearts and glitter, and ladybugs with little googly-eyes.  It was one of my "things".  Once I got to High School I kind of grew out of it.  I continued to paint my toenails, but I left my fingernails alone...until now.  I've noticed a big resurgence in fun fingernail painting, so I decided to jump on the bandwagon and experiment a little.  Hell, I still had a huge case full of nail polish to have fun with, some actually from my Junior High days (which I then proceeded to throw out).






I'm not what you call a girly-girl.  I don't wear a lot of jewelry (most of the time none, except for my engagement ring), so painting my nails in a cute and often sparkly way to be a little girly without feeling uncomfortable.  Also, since I've been painting them regularly I've noticed that they're really growing.  This is partly because the nail polish makes them really quite hard so they don't break as easily, but also because I really don't bite them when they're painted.  If you look at the first couple of shots you can kind of see how much they've grown compared to the last couple.  Also, it gives me something to do with my hands while I'm watching tv.

No comments: