Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Friday Can't Come Soon Enough

Since Antoine began consulting, Thursday has become the day of the week I look forward to the most, because it's the day he comes home.  Thursday has become the day that feels like Friday used to...it's strange, but nice.  Well, this week is a little different.  This week Antoine isn't coming home of Thursday.  Instead, half way through the day on Friday I'll be heading up to Chicago for the weekend.  I've been wanting to meet up with Antoine in Chicago since he started this project.  So I figure, why not take advantage of the long Labor day weekend and hotel rewards points and make a little vacation out of it!

Chicago has a special place in my heart.  It's the first place that Antoine and I went on a trip together.  I remember it was late October, we were on a pretty intense "love high" and spent a weekend exploring the city, getting lost, and listening to music.  We ate at Lou Malnatti's, took pictures of our reflections in "the bean", got lost looking for Garrett's popcorn and sat by the water, cuddled up in the cold.  It sticks out in my mind as one of my favorite trips that we've ever taken together.

  

So, needless to say, I can't wait for Friday to come.  We have plans to swim in the hotel's pool, eat some Chicago-style pizza, see the fireworks (the last of the year) at Navy Pier, go to the aquarium, have dinner at a fancy-schmancy steakhouse, and visit the Botanic Gardens (probably my favorite out of all the gardens I've been to).

If you've ever been to Chicago, any places you would highly suggest checking out while we are there?  How about you, what are your Labor day plans?

No comments: