Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Weekend in Instagram

A recipe for this past weekend:

2 parts icy
1 part antique
2 parts drunk
7 parts lazy

Combine ingredients thoroughly.  Sprinkle with tacos and enjoy.

And that isn't even an exaggeration!  See for yourself...

 I've been on a soft taco kick lately!  In fact, last week I had steak soft tacos three nights in a row.  The fourth night I had quesadillas.

 Cheese's beggar face.  Poor guy, I only ever share healthy food with him.

 Friday night was a big pile of laziness, wrapped in blankets and filled with Cheese...literally.

 Saturday morning Cincinnati woke to this.  Ice on everything.  


 Lucky for us, Cincinnatians are notoriously afraid of snow and ice.  So, when I had a craving for fancy pancakes and we ventured to Rookwood we found the usually chaotic First Watch utterly quiet!  After breakfast we ran some errands, then made our way down to a very quiet Findlay Market for some hot chocolate and gelato at Dojo.

 Taking advantage of the quietness of Saturday, we then decided to hit up the Ohio Valley Antique Mall, one of my favorites!  In the immortal words of Gomer Pyle, "SHAZAM!"


 After the antique mall, we drove a couple miles up the road to Jungle Jims to pick up some taco fixins.
  Seriously, I have a problem!

 After a taco induced coma, we were supposed to go to a birthday, but it got canceled.  So I had the not-so-bright idea to party anyway.  I then proceeded to make several ridiculously strong drinks, including this one, which I called the "Hello, my name is drunk!"  Nearly equal parts club soda and cake vodka, with a splash of POM juice.  I'm stupid!

 This was the exact same, except ginger ale instead of club soda.  I liked it much better...at least I drank it faster.  Trust me, it wasn't pretty.  The next day I vowed to never drink again.  Or at least not turn into a complete idiot of drunken madness next time.

 Antoine went to go pick up some lunch on Sunday, meanwhile Cheese proceeded to watch the door and whine until he returned.  

It certainly is rough being so lazy!

Hope you all had a lovely weekend!

No comments: