Friday, June 3, 2011

Wonderous Weekend

I think having Monday off for Memorial day did wonders for this week.  It seemed to fly by, didn't it?  It didn't hurt that Antoine was only gone for three days this week, instead of four (thanks again national holiday!).  Unfortunately, that means that next week will probably seem ridiculously long in comparison.  Oh well.  At least it's almost the weekend, right!?  Last weekend was a little disjointed...frantically running random errands and that depressing heat wave that kicked my butt.  This weekend I'm planning everything out so that on Sunday Antoine isn't doing any frazzled last minute packing for Chicago.  I'm a sucker for list making.  It calms me, while also energizing me at the same time!  I know, I make no sense and I'm a freak....deal!  Anyway, these are some of the plans for this weekend:

  • Sushi for dinner at the newly re-named Fusian - I am so flipping excited about this...I've been craving sushi for weeks
  • Grocery shopping - because our fridge is looking seriously sparse
  • Free frozen yogurt from Yagoot - they are releasing their new summer flavor: coconut (can't wait!); people who sign up for their free e-newsletter get a coupon for a free yogurt whenever they come out with a new flavor!  It's a pretty sweet deal (get it?  yeah, I'm not very funny!)
  • Making a large pot of Thai Chicken Noodle Soup - it's so, so good...I promise to post the recipe one of these days
  • Making some Strawberry Pretzel Salad - because it's summery and delicious (and dangerous)
  • Trying out this recipe for Cilantro Black Beans - because I love black beans and I love cilantro (and I have tons of it) and because I think it'll go really well with fajitas
  • Hopefully going to see a movie at the Esquire (since we have a buy one get one free coupon) - we're thinking about seeing Everything Must Go
  • I'm also going to attempt to figure out what to get my mom for her birthday and my dad for Father's day...(?)
  • Then all that other stuff like doing laundry, mowing the lawn, doing dishes, etc. - but I like to not think about those things too much...
Look...
 See how I cunningly distracted you with a picture of Cheese!? I'm so sneaky.

Any fun/interesting plans this weekend for you fine folks? 

1 comment:

FoodHussy said...

i think we're camping tomorrow - then i have to go to mpls for work next week...ugh