Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thursdays are my new Fridays

You know that sense of relief you get when Friday rolls around.  You wake up and you say to yourself, that's it, it's here...only one more day and then it's the weekend.  Like the weekend is some magical thing that only appears every couple centuries and no matter what it's bound to be filled with joy and wonder.  Ever since Antoine started his new job consulting, Thursdays have become my new Fridays.  I wake up and I breathe in a sigh of relief.  Sure, I still have two full days of work ahead of me until the weekend, but it doesn't matter.  When Thursday rolls around I could care less about work, because I know that on Thursday nights I get to pick up Antoine.  It's that same feeling of relief and wonderment that you get with Friday. 

The space between Monday morning when I drop off Antoine at the airport and Thursday night when I pick him back up seems to be getting greater and greater with every week.  Even if my work week goes by quickly, there are still those slow nights when I do nothing but puppy snuggling and watch tv.  Those are the nights that drag and drag.  I've also noticed that when I have a fantastic weekend filled with fun, friends and lots of love, then Monday becomes even harder to face and the time between Monday and Thursday just grows. 

But, today is Thursday!  Only 14 more hours until I get to pick up Antoine from the airport and feel at home again.  I think today is going to be a good day.

No comments: