Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Weekend Routine

Ever since we got Cheese last summer he and Antoine have formed quite the little morning routine.  Whereas I will wake up in the wee hours of the morning when Cheese is whining to go outside, go downstairs, take him outside, and then put him back in his crate and go back to bed, that's not the case with Antoine.  When those little whimpers start at four or five in the morning, Antoine will eagerly sleepily (and against his will) stumble downstairs and take Cheese outside.  Then, instead of putting Cheese back in his crate he will plop down on the couch.  Cheese will then pull himself up onto the couch and snuggle up next to Antoine.  The common position is as follows, Antoine sitting up at one end of the couch, hugging one of the gray pillows and Cheese with his front legs hanging over Antoine's leg and his head in Antoine's lap.  When I wake up at 8am or so and I see the empty space next to me in bed I know immediately where Antoine is...downstairs, passed out with his beloved Cheese-ball.

When I make my way downstairs Cheese will immediately pop his head up and start wagging his tail, well it's really more like thumping.  Antoine will remain unconscious.  This weekend I couldn't resist taking some pictures because Cheese was looking particularly adorable and Antoine was OUT and I didn't have the heart to wake him just then.  So, here's a glimpse into this weekend routine and the rough life of one Basset Hound puppy...





*I should note that later, after I was done taking pictures and Antoine had woken up he actually said he had a dream where I was taking pictures of him and Cheese.  Oh, Antoine...you're too cute.

No comments: