Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Long, Draining Weekend

This past weekend Antoine, Cheese and I drove up to my parent's house in Northern Ohio.  It was one of those weekends were you feel like you never stop moving and/or driving.  We drove up Friday night where Cheese experienced his first romp with a 100lb, 8 month old Great Dane (result: exhausted Cheese).  Then bright and early Saturday morning it was off to the butcher (to stock our freezer), then an hour drive to the dentist for a cleaning, then lunch with Mom, then a visit with the grandparents (where my grandpa tried to get Antoine drunk), then another hour drive back to my parent's, then into town to pick up a delicious peanut butter pie, then another drive, this time 40 minutes, to Wooster (with Antoine, Cheese and pie in tow) to visit a good friend, her husband and their puppy.  After dinner, dessert (delicious peanut butter pie that I will continue to have dreams about), and some chit chat/puppy playing, it was time to head back to my parents.  And that was just Saturday!  All the while I was nursing a pretty nasty headache most of the day.  Sunday was slightly more relaxed, but Antoine, Cheese and I couldn't help being completely exhausted.  Here's your proof...

He slept the entire way home on Sunday.  In fact, he slept almost all of Monday as well.

Don't get me wrong, it was a great weekend...getting to spend time with friends and family.  It was just an exhausting weekend.  Antoine and I are looking forward to relaxing a bit this coming weekend.  Although we are very excited about the Crafty Supermarket on Saturday, and hopefully if it dries out a little...some gardening.  Well, I've got the rest of the week to get through first before I can think of those things. 

No comments: