Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Brunch at Mayberry (part 2)

You may remember way back when I wrote a raving review of Mayberry's delicious brunch.  It quickly became one of our favorite brunches in the city.  Then, for a while, they stopped serving brunch for some reason.  Then it came back, but before we had a chance to go Mayberry moved from their downtown location near the public library to Over-the-Rhine.  So, a couple Sundays ago we invited my sister and brother-in-law to brunch, and they picked Mayberry.  Neither had ever been for brunch and it was everyone's first visit to the new location.  So, without further ado...

Mayberry's menu changes pretty often, though they keep some items on the menu permanently...like the Rosemary Biscuits and Sausage Gravy and the Tater Tot Casserole.

Sadly, one item that always used to be on the old Mayberry's brunch menu, the Elvis Killer, was not on the new Mayberry's brunch menu.    The Elvis Killer was my jam.  I loved it hardcore.  So instead I went for the French Toast with strawberries and chocolate.  It came with this buttery deliciousness all over it! YUM YUM YUM!


Antoine went for his Mayberry usual, the Rosemary Biscuits and Sausage Gravy with a poached eggs on top.  He's a biscuits and gravy kind of guy and he loves this dish.  I'm not a biscuits and sausage gravy kind of gal, but I gotta say, Mayberry's is pretty tasty.  The rosemary in the biscuits adds a nice aroma and flavor.
 
My sis got the BLT with Peppered Bacon, Leek Gouda Fondue and Roasted Tomato.  The second I took a bite of this my eyes rolled back and I let out a fairly loud "Mmmm!"  Delicious.

Christian got the Roasted Lamb with Mashed Potatoes.  I didn't try this, nor did anyone else at the table, because I don't like eating lamb.  But he seemed to really like it.  He also got a Bloody Mary, and he enjoyed that as well.

Ahh, Tater Tot Casserole.  It's so pretty and delicious!  This was by far the BEST Tater Tot Casserole I've had at Mayberry!  Beyond cheesy with lots of little lovely browned bits. If it was acceptable I would totally order like 10 of these for brunch, but I think people would judge me!

As far as the new location goes, it's bigger, which is a definitely plus.  They've got a nice big bar as well.  It's a definite step up (as far as size) from the last place.  I hope that they do very well in this location, I know I'll be back many, many times...stuffing my face full of tater tot casserole!

No comments: