Monday, October 17, 2011

Autumn Walk

This past weekend was great.  Saturday I got to see my best friend, who lives in Cleveland now (read: sad face).  We ate delicious grilled cheese sandwiches, spent too much money at Target, devoured some tasty frozen yogurt., and caught up on life stuff.  It was good times.  Then I headed to my parents and Sunday I got to visit my grandparents and have lunch with my mom.  Also, good times.  The only thing missing from my weekend...the big A; Antoine.  While I headed north this weekend, Antoine stayed home to snuggle with the Cheese (and bath him, because he was getting smelly), do yard work and some major housework, and hang out with one of his friends.  We both had good, productive weekends...but I have to say, I've grown accustomed to our weekends together, and I miss the guy.

Last weekend Antoine and I spent the weekend together and drove up to Yellow Springs on Sunday for a perfect Fall day.  It's no secret that I love Fall, but there's no more perfect autumnal activities that pumpkin picking, hiking, and drinking cider.  It just doesn't get much better.  And Yellow Springs is the absolute perfect place to do all three.  In fact, no trip to Yellow Springs is complete (at least for us) without a trip to Glen Helen for a hike, Piefer Orchards for cider and whatever seasonal picking is going on, and Young's Diary for some ice cream (and now that we've tried their fried cheese curds...fried cheese curds!  YUM!).  Here's a peek into (part of) our walk through Glen Helen:









 Apparently, Antoine can makes things levitate!  Who knew!?





I have much more to share from our perfect Autumn weekend, so stay tuned.

No comments: