Friday, July 1, 2011

Recipe for a Great [Long] Weekend

I don't know about you but I'm stoked that it's Friday!  And what makes it even more exciting (besides that Antoine is back home, where he belongs) is that it's going to be a long 3-day weekend full of awesomeness.  On the agenda:

  • blueberry picking - It's seriously one of my most favorite things about summer.  I love blueberries, but there's something about picking your own, straight off the bush that just makes them taste a hundred-million times better!
  • a blueberry recipe - I'm not sure what exactly I'll be making with the glorious blueberries that we pick this weekend, but I have a ton of ideas floating around in my head: pie, muffins, cobbler, smoothies, coffeecake, scones, or maybe, just maybe some cheesecake!  Also, this recipe from Smitten Kitchen looks fantastic!
  • trip to the dog park - Since it hasn't rained most of this week the dog park should be nice and dry for Cheese to run run run.  It makes him so happy when we take him to the dog park, so we'll definitely have to squeeze in a visit this weekend before the rain/thunderstorms return.
  • Yellow Springs - On Sunday we have plans to meet up with my HLP in Yellow Springs, one of my favorite places for a day trip.  We're going to have brunch, do some hiking, and, of course, get some tasty deliciousness at Young's Dairy!  (I can't get over that I get to see Amanda twice in the matter of one week...woot!!)
  • bike ride - Antoine and I have been itching to head out to the Loveland bike trail and get on our bikes.  We've only been out once so far this year, what with all the raining/thunderstorms lately.
  • Fireworks - Although I'm not sure which area fireworks we'll be going to yet, this year I'm going to make sure that we see a whole show (not get there during the last 10 minutes like we have the past couple years).
 But, one of the absolute best parts of the weekend is going to be, when it's over, Antoine won't be leaving for Chicago this week!  Since most people at the company he's working for right now take July 4th week off, he gets to work from home all week.  I am beyond happy about this...and I'm sure the Cheese-man and the cats will be too!

Hope you all have a wonderfully relaxing and exciting weekend!

*Hopefully I can remember to take my camera with me everywhere this weekend...I've been really bad about that lately!

1 comment:

FoodHussy said...

i'm putting most of those things on my to-do list now!