Friday, July 29, 2011

US Botanic Gardens

I like pictures of flowers.  There, I said it!  And that really shouldn't be a surprise by now.  Of all the flowers to take pictures of orchids are by far my favorite, well, because they are my favorite flower.  They come in so many colors, shapes and sizes.  With spots and with tendrils.  They're clean and simple, while at the same time wild and complex.  I love 'em.  And while Krohn Conservatory has a decent selection of ordids, I have to say, the US Botanic Garden's collection was magnificent. The rest of the the conservatory was comparable to Krohn, in size and selection (maybe a tad better.  And, likewise, free to the public).  But the orchids, they blew my mind!  It was like orchid nirvana and I was on a high.  I looked left...ORCHIDS.  I looked right....ORCHIDS!!  ORCHIDS ORCHIDS ORCHIDS!!!  It was pure euphoric madness!  And, I must say this, I love Antoine...he's such a trooper when I start geeking out in moments like this.  In fact, he not only tolerates my orchid nerd-gasms...but he actually goes along and points out interesting blooms that I might have missed or haven't gotten to yet.  I just love that about him!  Anywho, here's a crap ton of pictures of flowers...

(You really should have seen this coming!)















*Prepare yourself...the next several pictures are, in fact, NOT orchids (scary, I know!) 


 


I hope you all have a super fantastic weekend.  A and I are heading to northern Ohio this weekend for a family reunion.  I also get to see my HLP on Sunday, which I am ridiculously happy about!  See you next week!

No comments: