Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Blizzard for My Birthday

Yesterday I had the day off for my birthday, but so did most people. The snow storm that was supposed to hit Cincinnati Monday night did and brought more than 6 inches of snow with it! The snow ruined some of our birthday plans, but I still managed to have a pretty great birthday (mainly thanks to Antoine)!

The homemade Liege Belgium waffles Antoine made for my birthday breakfast! Breakfast in bed is seriously one of the best things ever!


Herbie, the snow man we made in our front yard before we went sledding!


A strawberry birthday cupcake...complete with candle and a "Happy Birthday" serenade!

All in all, I had a pretty great birthday! We didn't get to go to the aquarium like we had originally planned, but instead we went sledding and played in the snow! It was fun and took whatever pressure there was about turning 25 away....I mean, it's kind of hard to not feel like a kid when you're sledding down a hill or when you laying in the snow, your back all cold and warm at the same time, looking up at the sky through the trees! It was a pretty magical day (devoid of nose bleeds) and a great way to start off twenty-five!

No comments: