Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Little Quiz

This little quiz was stolen from a fellow blogger...


What are your middle names?
Mine is Elease (my mom didn't know that it's usually spelled "Elise"...hence my middle name is like an online renter's agreement). Antoine doesn't have a middle name, I guess in Vietnam middle names aren't very common. But he does have a Vietnamese name.

How long have you been together?
We've been together 1 year and 9 months. I know it doesn't seem long, but when you're mad about someone sometimes minutes feeling like hours and days feel like years (and I realize that's kind of the opposite of how people describe time with the ones they love, but that's how I feel)!

How long did you know each other before you started dating?
Maybe like 5 weeks or so. But we had never met...

Who asked whom out?
Hmm, well, as I recall I'm the one that suggested that we meet, or just said that I was ready to meet. He worked out all the details of our first date!

How old are each of you?
I'm newly 25. He'll be 29 in July!

Whose siblings do you see the most?
Hmm, that's hard to say. My sister lives about 5 minutes down the road and his brother lives about 30 minutes south. We probably see a little more of my sister, but it's a close call!

Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
That's a tough one. Before I would have said both of us working two jobs, but that's pretty under control now. Maybe when the cats vomit on the floor, I step in it, and then take my frustration out on him...ugh, stupid cats. The hardest situation may be on the horizon if Antoine ends up taking on a consulting job that requires travel, I'd probably only see him on weekends, which would be beyond tough. He's my best friend and I wouldn't like not seeing him everyday! Not having him to wake up next every morning...I'd miss that!

Did you go to the same school?
Nope, different high schools, different states. Different colleges, different cities.

Are you from the same home town?
Nope, he's from Arlington, TX and I'm from middle of nowhere, OH!

Who is smarter?
I think we're both smart cookies in our own ways. When it comes to business and IT things...it's totally Antoine. When it comes to movies and random knowledge (books, music, etc)...that's all me!

Who is the most sensitive?
Me. Normally as a person I don't consider myself horribly sensitive, but when it comes to Antoine and matters of the heart I'm a big prissy girl! Don't get me wrong, Antoine has his moments though!

Where do you eat out most as a couple?
That's a tough one too. Lately we've been trying out a lot of new places (a mini-quest if you will). When we were first dating we'd always go to Daybreak for breakfast/brunch on the weekend, it was our thing, but then they closed :( Now, probably home?

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
Jamaica for our one year anniversary! It was amazing!

Who has the craziest exes?
Him I guess. I really don't have any "exes". He has one major "ex" and she caused a little bit of trouble early on in our relationship.

Who has the worst temper?
Me! Sometimes I'm totally irrational and I come from a family of casual yellers. Antoine, on the other hand, has a mild temper, he's very down to earth and difficult to shake! For example, often when I start inexplicably yelling at him he'll smile and me and tell me I'm cute!

Who does the cooking?
I think it's usually 50-50. Okay, maybe 40-60, he likes to cook new things for me! Usually we do most our cooking together! Or if we grill out, we'll do the prep together, I'll do all the kitchen food (veggies, rice, etc) and he'll manage the grill.

Who is the neat-freak?
Neither of us...except when my parents are coming into town or someone (besides my best friend) is coming over...then I go nuts and go on a cleaning spree. But, in general, we're both pretty messy!

Who is more stubborn?
Probably me again. What can I say!?

Who hogs the bed?
Definitely him! I'll wake up on the edge of the bed and he'll be sprawled out over the remaining three-fourths.

Who wakes up earlier?

Me. During the week I have to be at work by 7:30am. He can roll in pretty much whenever and most of the time works from home. But he has this cute habit of waking up when I'm getting ready and following me downstairs, and lately, getting my lunch ready for me (he's so cute)!

Where was your first date?
Melting Pot. He knew I loved cheese!

Who is more jealous?
Probably me...gosh, this quiz is making me look like some sort of monster!

How long did it take to get serious?
About three months for the "I love you's". But I'd say we were pretty serious about each other after 2 months or so.

Who eats more?
It's probably a tie...we both love to eat.

Who does the laundry?
Usually me. I generally do the laundry and he does the dishes (since I do dishes at Sbux).

Who's better with the computer?
Hahaha, umm, that'd be Antoine! He should be better, that's what he does for a living!

Who drives when you are together?
It's probably 30-70, I usually drive more because I drive to work and he takes the bus, that leaves my car at the end of the driveway. However, I think we both make pretty lousy passengers! And I always like to assert that I'm a better driver, when I'm actually better at focusing on driving and he gets easily distracted, but he's probably better at maneuvering his car (that's what she said).

No comments: