Friday, February 19, 2010

I Love Little Surprises

Yesterday I woke up, got ready for work and kissed Antoine goodbye. He was at a company meeting at/near Jungle Jim's all day so I didn't really get to talk to him like I normally do during the day, except for a quick call while he was on the way to his meeting. After work #1 I left straight for work #2 where I quickly ate dinner and changed into my Sbux uniform (my personal uniform [not exactly Sbux dress code...I'm a rebel] consists of everything black...black pants, black shirt, black hoodie and black chucks...except for my green apron) before clocking in.

While at Sbux I started getting slightly bummed out. See, Antoine's parents are moving today so yesterday, after his meeting, he was going home to change and get some tools. Then he was heading over to his parents (who live in Northern KY about 30 or 35 minutes away) to spend the night there so he could get an early start on the move. I was planning to have a short chat with him on the phone after I got off from Sbux but didn't expect to see him again until Friday night (tonight). But I was wrong...I was standing at the bar working and talking to one of my customer friends when all of a sudden I look over and see Antoine walk through the door! I walked behind the counter and out to meet him, a big stupid grin on my face, trying not to run! I was so excited to see him! It's amazing how just seeing someone can make you so happy!

No comments: