Monday, October 11, 2010

A Fall Weekend

Four of the things that I love most in this world (besides Antoine and my animals) are my HLP, Yellow Springs, Fall, and ice cream. Now, when you combine these four things in one Sunday (plus the aforementioned Antoine) you have an utterly ecstatic Jessica! This past Sunday Antoine and I drove to Yellow Springs to meet up with my bestest and her bf for a day of Fall fun. We hiked, we picked pumpkins, and we ate ice cream...all around good times. Here's some highlights from the day...sorry I didn't include a picture of my gorgeous waffle cone full of chocolate peanut butter ice cream from Youngs, but it would have only made you jealous!

At the Glen Helen raptor center...and no, that doesn't mean Velociraptor.

I made friends with a caterpillar, who I named Lettuce. He then proceeded to attempt to commit suicide by jumping off a small bridge. I then rescued him from drowning, because that's what friends do. True story!!

There purple flowers were everywhere along the trail.




My HLP getting a piggy back ride from her guy.


Unfortunately, the pumpkins sucked big time this year! I think it's because of the drought this summer. I didn't find nearly as many pumpkins to take home as I usually do!

No comments: