Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Houston, I Think Jessica is Insane!

I know, I know...you're saying to yourself, "but I already knew you were insane". Well, here's another aspect of my craziness that you might not be aware of. You may or may not know about my irrational fear of squirrels, my devotion/obsession with Twizzlers (aka "heavenly strawberry deliciousness"), or how I get wigged out every time I see the toilet lid up...not the toilet SEAT, the toilet LID! I know, I'm nuts, I'll admit it. Well, here's another justification for that...now, I don't think it's an actual phobia...at least, when I did a Google search nothing came up. But still, it's real to me! Hmm, maybe it's a disease rather than a phobia? ****Google search**** Nope, nothing! Oh well.

So, here's the scoop. I regularly, maybe one every week, think I have a flat tire. I'll be driving along and I swear I'll hear/feel that thump of a flat tire until I'm 99.99% sure that I have one. So I pull over, get out of my car and walk around it, inspecting each and every tire....NOTHING! Now, I've had about 5 or 6 flat tires in the 10 years I've been driving, actually only in the last 6 or so, but here's the strange thing...each time I've actually had a flat tire, I didn't know about it until it was 100% flat and I was at risk of really damaging my car! We're talking LOUD BANGING NOISE and CAR CONVULSIONS!

Need proof? Here:
The flat tire I got at the beginning of March. This was making such a horrible noise that I thought my car might explode.

You'd think after 5 or 6 flat tires that'd have a sense of what one feels like...but no! This morning as I was pulling into the parking garage at work I yet again thought I had a flat tire. And like each and every false alarm I've had before, while I was driving I was certain, without a doubt in my mind, that I had a flat tire. Wrong...so very very wrong!!! I fail! But at least these moments of panic never pan out, because it's never fun to change a tire then walk that tightrope of whether or not the flat was bad enough to warrant a brand new tire or just a patching.

Anyway, that is all! I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments: