Monday, September 27, 2010

A Case of the Mondays

I don't know what it is about Mondays but sometimes they just make all the fun of the weekend come to a screeching halt. It's not just about getting up early and going into work, it's so much more. Today I had the strongest urge to fake some sort of infliction and call in sick. But I didn't...because I'm a growup! And I can't do that all the time...blah, blah, blah! I really think that we should get more vacation/sick time...as a society we work too much, I think it's overrated! There's something to be said for staying in your pajamas all day and not showering. Maybe watching some Project Runway on the Playstation and perhaps taking the little Cheezers to the dog park! Alas...

I think what makes Mondays the worst is when you have a super fun weekend. The kind where you're just flitting around in a little dreamworld, engulfed in fun activities, good food, playtime with the adorable puppy, and a little one-on-one time with your one and only. Ah, those weekends are the best...like this weekend. And, in comparison, Mondays are the smack in the face, the abrupt wake up call, the welcome to reality that you often don't see coming. I don't care for Mondays. They are my first day back to work (at the real job) and my first night closing at Sbux (I always work Monday nights and Wednesday nights).

The more I think about it the more I really wished I had faked some sort of sickness this morning and stayed home! Oh well...for now I will just stare at this ridiculous picture of Cheese and laugh...

On Friday (and again on Sunday) we took Cheesy to the dog park! It's becoming a regular thing and he loves it!

It's the funniest thing to see a basset hound (and a puppy, in particular) run! They're not graceful...AT ALL! And as they are galloping along their excess skin has a mind of it's own! Plus, with the Cheese-man, he'll just bolt off in one direction (maybe there's another dog, or a person, or maybe there's nothing and he just has a sudden burst of puppy energy) and then he'll just stop, because the energy that he once had has completely left him. And then when he's playing with other dogs and he's trying to keep up, he'll almost always stumble over his awkwardly large paws (or maybe one or both of his enormous ears) and do a face plant right into the grass. It's ridiculously adorable! But what's even more awesome and adorable is when we leave the dog park, the second Antoine lifts him into the backseat of the car, he has absolutely zero energy in his little body and instantly falls asleep...

Did I mention how much I love taking him to the dog park?

No comments: