Monday, September 13, 2010

Hello, My Name is Jessica...

...and I have a pumpkin problem! Stop laughing...it's true!

I love Fall! Hands down it is my absolute favorite season...EVER! If it was Fall all year long I would be so freaking happy! The weather is perfect...crisp air perfect for layering (and cardigans...oh how I love cardigans! It must be the nerd in me!)! The trees get ridiculously pretty with oranges, yellows, and reds! It's officially apple cider season...YUM! And while I love all these things, my most favoritest (yes, I know that's not a real word) thing about Fall is...PUMPKINS! I love pumpkins...perhaps a little too much! I don't know what it is about them...that they come in so many shapes and sizes (and sometimes colors), that you can carve them into whatever your little heart desires, then you can toast their seeds for a tasty snack, that they are 100% Fall (in color, smell and essence)...

I am particularly drawn to very ovally-shaped pumpkins for some reason...maybe because they're not as common as round pumpkins?!

I know, it's weird, but I feel like pumpkins have a lot of character. Each ones different and unique!

I love carving pumpkins. I usually carve anywhere from 3 to 7 pumpkins every Fall (usually within two separate rounds of carving, so I can have a pumpkins on my stoop throughout the season)!

And for some reason I generally prefer to carve my pumpkins with happy/silly faces, I'm not sure why?

I can't help it, I just adore pumpkins! And I love picking them! It's really the only place where you will see me completely indecisive...in a pumpkin patch. Generally, by nature, I'm a very decisive person (unlike my sister who is famed for her inability to make quick decisions...and I love her for it), but not when it comes to pumpkin picking. I will go through and pick out a group of pumpkins, then I'll just keep finding more that I like and replacing the original ones. This can go on for hours! It's really sad. But the whole time I'm completely and utterly giddy! In fact, I'm ridiculously giddy at this very moment just by the idea of going pumpkin picking in the not-to-distant future! Like...happy-grin-all-over-my-face-giddy! HEY!! Stop judging me! I figure in a world with a crap ton of stress and anxiety (mainly that that comes from working two jobs) there's no better pick-me-up than a simple, 100% natural pumpkin...in all it's smooth, orange glory!

Oh, and in case you were unaware...kittens and tiny pumpkins are about the cutest things in the world (picture: Guillermo, as a tiny baby kitten, posing with an itty-bitty pumpkin...my heart melts).

No comments: