Friday, September 10, 2010

Maybe This Time...

...I'll be lucky!

My efforts to lose weight over the last year have been lack-luster and half-hearted, to say the least! I always seem to have too many excuses not to exercise or to eat things I shouldn't; "I'm too tired", "I'm too stressed", "I'm too tired", "I never have time for fun let alone exercise", and "I work hard, I deserve that massive burger, cheese fries, and ice cream cone dipped in peanut butter". I guess that's just me, I'm full of excuses (always have been)! Doesn't help that I'm a stress eater, a nervous eater, a happy eater...I'm basically just an eater! I love food and hate physical activity! Problem is, I know that's not healthy...I mean, I don't feel healthy! Not at all! So, what to do...

I guess I'm just going to have to try harder and hope for a little luck!! It's going to suck and it's going to be rough, but I have to learn to suck it up and do what I have to do to make myself feel better/healthier. I know what I have to do, it's a matter of eating right and working out! I can usually do the eating right part, but it's the working out that I HATE! But it's the only way!

I was going to try to do Weight Watchers again (well, my version of weight watchers, where I count points but don't actually sign up for WW or go to meetings), but that's only ever been mildly successful for me. Then my best friend told me about this really cool site called myfitnesspal, and I've started using that! It's free, which I love! And it lets you add in all your data: your starting weight, height, age, goal weight, projected exercise regiment, etc. Then it calculates how many calories you should eat a day to lose 1/2lb, 1lb, 1 1/2lbs, or 2 lbs a week. And to make it even easier on you, it helps you track your food and exercise routine. All you have to do is type in what you had for every meal. So for breakfast, say I had oatmeal...I type in "Quaker oatmeal cinnamon & spice" (what I usually have for breakfast) and press "Search" and then it inputs all the nutritional data for that oatmeal into your daily allowance. Then it tells you how many calories you have left for the day! It's got a similar search/input thing for exercise as well! It's so freaking easy!

And one of the nicest things about myfitnesspal is that it's got built in social networking! You can "friend" your friends (or complete strangers, if you roll like that) and encourage each other. Three of my friends, my mom and my sis are all doing it now! It's nice to have their support when we're not face to face! Still, it's going to be difficult to get my butt to the gym on a regular basis and to make myself log into myfitnesspal everyday, which will be especially hard on weekends since I rarely get online! But I HAVE to do it! Wish me luck! And if you see me eating fried cheese or a milkshake, kick me in the butt!!

Sidenote: Did anyone notice the musical reference in the title?

No comments: