Friday, August 27, 2010

Busy Week, But Saturday Was Fun!

I've been pretty busy this week, hence the absence of new posts! Sorry for neglecting you and this blog, but duty calls!

Anyway, before this busy week started Antoine and I had a little free time together Saturday and we decided to take full advantage of it! First we decided to treat ourselves to some tasty breakfast at Findlay Market! We love Findlay and we go there as much as we can! We enjoy checking out the various stands and proprietor's goods and we love trying new things. One thing we've been meaning to try for the longest time is the breakfast at Ms. Helen's Grill. I can't tell you how many times we've passed that stand (it is on the way to Dojo, so we've passed it more than we should admit), seen Ms. Helen herself behind the counter smiling back at customers, and said, "We really need to try that place sometime!" But usually we've already had breakfast or that pint of gelato is burning a hole in our bag while simultaneously calling out our names! [Oh Dojo, you are a fickle mistress!]

Well, Saturday was the day! We made our way to Findlay and almost immediately decided, after scanning Ms. Helen's breakfast menu, that we would be having two croissant sandwiches. I got the bacon one and Antoine got the sausage sandwich! When we received our freshly made breakfast sandwiches, we took a short time to marvel at the enormity of the croissants before we began eating! Huge croissants, buttery and delicious! The bacon was top notch, the sausage was good, but I'm definitely a bacon kind of girl! It was an all around deliciously satisfying breakfast! And I will definitely return in the future (and probably get the same thing).

After breakfast we made our way downtown to the public library. They currently have two book arts exhibits (a Cincinnati based one and a national one) right now that I've really been wanting to see, so I of course dragged Antoine down there with me! I marveled at the books, while Antoine marveled at my nerdiness! Here's my favorite book(s) from the The Keith Kuhn Memorial Artist's Book Exhibit called Marking Time:

I find this astonishing. Each miniature book in this little library/box is about 1 inch to 1 1/2 inches tall! They're tiny and so very impressive! As you can tell, some of them are even leather bound with gold tooling! Truly a work of art!

After the library we made our way to CAC where we FINALLY got to see the Shepard Fairey exhibit (just a day before it closed for good!). It was as good as I expected! Here's some of my favorites...



I think this might just be my absolute favorite...it's enormous and I love all the different patterns and textures!


What a wonderful way to spend Saturday morning! If only all Saturday mornings could be like that (and not spent at Sbux, like tomorrow morning)! Oh well! Hope you guys have a great weekend! I'll be cleaning like a crazy person in preparation for my parents coming into town Labor day weekend!

No comments: