Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Reunion

I know what you're thinking...I totally glossed over the family reunion I just attended this past weekend! I'm sorry but I was a naughty girl and didn't take a single picture all weekend. I am ashamed! Please, try to refrain from throwing stones...I bruise easily (it's the fair skin, you know)! I felt like I had to have some evidence of the reunion if I was going to talk about it...so hence no in-depth analysis of the reunion...UNTIL NOW! (Can you tell I've had some coffee this morning?!)

Anyway...the reunion. It was good times and I got to see a lot of folks I haven't seen in ages and even some little folks I've never met before! See, my Dad's side of the family is big and Catholic (i.e. lots of weddings and baby showers to attend) and, for the most part, has money...so I see them, or most of them, every year or so. My Mom's family on the other hand, not so much. Half of the family lives here in the OH...including my grandparents and an aunt and uncle. The rest of the family lives in either New York or Missouri! My other aunt and uncle (the ones that live in NY) I see about once a year, since they visit regularly around Christmas. Their kids, on the other hand, I haven't seen in maybe 5 years or more (at the very least)! Crazy! And some those cousin's kids I've never even met before!

So, basically, what I'm trying to get across is that this reunion was long overdue (haha, book humor! Wait, why is no one else laughing!?)! Here's a picture of the whole gang that I so cleverly stole from my brother-in-law who was snapping away with his new snazzy camera this weekend:

Our little gang (i.e. my parents, sis, bro-in-law, Antoine and I) are on the right!

Also, allow me to clarify what my family means by "reunion". Sure, some families might thinks this involves having t-shirts printed up and group outings and activities...oh no, not to the Bruce's! For us it's gathering at my uncle's house, not too far from Lake Erie, and basically just chillaxing! It involves lots of food, a camp fire, maybe a game or two, and (in this case) lots of booze! There was beer, bourbon slushes (provided by my sis and bro-in-law) and spiked punch (made by yours truly...and again almost solely consumed by yours truly). There was also fishing and playing in the creek by the young hooligans! And even an impromptu haircut from my Aunt Sharon for my Mom! It was good times, and after about 7 or so hours of food, drink (which I proceeded to spill on my jeans halfway through the night! And yes, I was slightly inebriated...I'm not going to lie!) and family I was completely exhausted! Luckily my Dad played designated driver and Antoine and I were able to nap on the way back to my parent's house!

Oh, also, I hid behind a plate...

...it sounds more provocative than it actually is! My brother-in-law was attempting to snap a sweet picture of Antoine and I, but I rebelled and hid behind this plate! I'm crafty like that!!

And here's a super sweet picture of Cheese sleeping on his new bed at Mom and Dad's!

*Like I said, all pictures in this post were craftily stolen from my brother-in-law! Muahahaha! I'm so very evil, can't you tell!?!

1 comment:

Christian said...

I was surprised you weren't snapping any shots. I figured you were and, in a slush haze, just didn't notice.