Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Benefits of Procrastination

It's that time of year. I'm not talking about New Year's resolutions or winter storms. No, I'm talking about the time of the year when your Xmas decorations begin to define you as a person. If you are a proactive-go-get-'er then you had your Xmas tree down before that big, sparkly ball of nonsense dropped in Times Square. That is, if you even had a tree up to begin with (read: you are either a hardcore atheist or a cranky Scrooge!) Now, the rest of us, you know, the ones who wait as long as humanly possible and even contemplate the idea of keeping it up all year...we're procrastinators! Now, the level of your commitment to procrastion is directly equivalent to how long you continue to keep your tree/Xmas decorations up! Another factor in this is if you continue to light your tree in the evenings!

I have embraced my procrastinator status! Actually I came to terms with my ability to wait-until-the-last-possible-moment while I was in college! But I have good news...I have found benefits to procrastination and keeping your Xmas tree up well past the New Years. Yesterday Antoine recieved a Xmas present from one of his work buddies, an ornament! But not just any ornament...a Basset Hound ornament that looks like the Cheese-man dressed in a fancy tuxedo (with sparkles...now, that's classy!)!

The resemblence is pretty spot on, right!?

And, since our tree is still up (and not in a box) we were able to place it front and center! Now we might just have to leave the tree up until my birthday (in February) at the very least!! We shall see just how hardcore of procrastinators we can be! The challenge is on!

No comments: