Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Indy Weekend: Part Two

After our visit to the public library Amanda and I decided to check out the Garfield Park Conservatory and Sunken Gardens. Unfortunately, since it was winter and snowy there wasn't much to see as far as the gardens were concerned. But entrance fee/donation for the conservatory was only a dollar so we were game to see if it stacked up to Cincy's Krohn Conservatory. Neither of us thought it did. Krohn is pretty massive and free, but Indy's conservatory did have a very nice orchid collection and I'm a sucker for orchids. Plus, I'm sure it's much more impressive in the spring/summer when you can enjoy the gardens. And I noticed a number of interesting little bridges and walkways as were driving up to the conservatory...I can imagine it would be an excellent place to stroll along on a mild summer day.










No comments: