Thursday, January 20, 2011

Indy Weekend: The Best Part

Now, while the public library and the conservatory were great and I thoroughly enjoyed getting to explore a little more of Indy...my favorite part of the entire weekend was getting to see Amanda! Once I got there we ordered pizza, drank wine, watched Gilmore Girls, and scarfed down cookies...just like the good ole' days. Even though it's not the "good ole' days" anymore and I live in Cincinnati and she lives in Indy there's something comforting about being with such a close friend. And even though I was ridiculously drunk off a ginormous bottle of wine and I was incapable of speech, it felt good to be there sitting in her house on the brink of falling fast asleep!

Side note: we opened some Christmas presents together while I was there and she got me this insanely adorable owl necklace that doubles as a watch that I just have to share with you folks:

Oh, the [Etsy] cuteness!

Anyway, on Saturday Amanda, Adam (her bf) and I went to brunch at this super fantastic spot called Cafe Patachou! "Amazing" doesn't even describe just how tasty it was! I got a goat cheese, bacon and caramelized balsamic red onion omelet that rocked my world! We also hit up an adorable little cupcake place called the Flying Cupcake Bakery. I, of course, had to get a couple to take back home to Antoine and I'm so glad I did...very delicious!

All in all, I had a fantastic time in Indy and as soon as I left I started missing that HLP of mine! I can't wait to go back and visit her and Adam again sometime in the not-too-distant future. Indy seems like a pretty cool city and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it in the spring/summer!

And these guys are pretty cool too! Slightly weird, but that's probably why I'm so nuts about them!

No comments: