Thursday, December 1, 2011

Blogging Madness

So, you know how yesterday was the last day of November?  The last day of NaBloPoMo?  You know, where I posted something everyday for the entire month.  Yeah, that.  Well, as I said yesterday, I was pretty happy with my progress this past month.  NaBloPoMo really pushed me to think about my blog and reflect on the goodness going on in my life.  And it made me be more conscious of my camera.  I actively remembered to take it with me, and I edged a little farther out of my comfort zone when it comes to taking photos in public.  Not too far out of the my comfort zone, but still, a little progress (however small) is good. 

And now, as I sit here, reviewing my posts from November I am reminded why I do this thing.  For me.  I blog about the things going on in my life, the things that are important to me: people I love, my furry creatures, places I/we visit, food I can't live without, and needless pictures of flowers.  My blog represents who I am and what I love, whether a post about hiking in Yellow Springs or fessing up to my inability to finish projects...it's me.  And while I continue to write it for those special people in my life who are actually interested (Antoine, my hlp, etc.), the person I blog for most is myself.  Being a person with a horrible memory, there is very little that brings me more joy than re-reading old posts and having those waves of memories and emotions come back to me.  It gives me the warm fuzzies, and I dig it!

So, I've got a little secret to share with you!  Come on, get in really close and I'll tell it to you...I'm kinda thinking about continuing this blogging everyday thing.  I know, completely insane, right?!  Especially considering that it's December...the month of Holiday madness!  But I'm going to give it a go!  We'll see what happens!  Cross your fingers for me please!

No comments: