Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Crafty Supermarket

This past Saturday Antoine and I ventured out to do a little (or a lot) of shopping before he had to head off to work that evening! I picked up two (much needed) pairs of shoes and some socks (also very needed as 75% of my socks have holes...please don't shun me) at the outlet mall. After that we made our way to Clifton to check out the Crafty Supermarket.


I had heard rumblings about the Crafty Supermarket some months ago, but had nearly forgot about it until someone put up a poster on Sbux's community board. I was pretty psyched about it, since I grew up going to craft shows with my mom. Well, this wasn't your grandma's craft show...it was very hip and fun! The crowd was crazy big, for such a small place, and the vendors were fantastic! There was an assortment of pretty much everything: jewelry, clothing, accessories, pottery, art prints, screen printed items, up-cycled goods, food, and drink etc. There was even a d.j. playing some pretty decent music! And the definite plus...most of them were local (or at the very least, from OH)! For instance, my favorite local business (besides my sister's, of course), Dojo, was there slinging their world class gelato-goodness. While there I was able to find a couple of cool little Xmas gifts, along with far too many things for myself! And, you bet your sweet ass I'll be there the next time the Crafty Supermarket pops up. For more info check out their FAQ section, here, or you can get on their mailing list and they'll keep you posted on upcoming happenings.

Here's some of my favorite vendors:

No comments: