Wednesday, November 24, 2010

More Proof...

...that the dog park is a magical place and that Basset Hounds are hilarious! The other day, while I was at work, Antoine took Cheese to the dog park. And this is what I came home to...

Usually he's just passed out on his bed or in his crate after an afternoon at the dog park. But this time I think he was a little excited I was home, so he followed Antoine and I into the kitchen.

And, of course, immediately dropped to the ground from sheer exhaustion!

If I hadn't known that he had visited the dog park earlier that day I would have been worried.

As soon as Antoine and I left the kitchen, Cheese mustered all the energy he had left to follow us into the livingroom...and plop down onto the ground. Such a tired guy!

Needless to say, we've become regulars at the dog park (generally going more than once a week) and this is a pretty regular sight around our house! The dog park is like recess for a kindergartener...there's so much running around and playing going on that he falls asleep as soon as he gets indoors. Not only is it a great way to socialize him (with dogs and people) and keep him active (a big struggle with many Bassets), but it also gives Antoine and I a break from his puppy antics later in the evening!

*Please excuse the crappy iPhone pictures.

No comments: