Thursday, November 11, 2010

They Say It's Your Birthday!

My family is weird and strangely efficient when it comes to celebrating holidays. Proof: this past weekend's family getaway was not only an excuse to chillax in a cabin in the woods, it was also a way to celebrate Thanksgiving, a partial Christmas, and my Dad's birthday. It's kind of strange...but it works for us. Yesterday was in fact my Dad's actual birthday (his 57th to be exact). But Friday night was when we celebrated it as a family. Making any sense yet? Since my parents live about 4 hours away and my sis, my bro-in-law, Antoine and I are super busy people we don't get a chance to actually celebrate birthdays together very often, if ever!

This year for my Dad's birthday, I decided to make the cake! Don't get too impressed, it was just box mix. It's good stuff though! Don't fix it if it ain't broken, right?! It wasn't the best cake I've ever made/decorated, but I was proud of it, considering the time constraints (I finished it about an hour before Mom and Dad arrived at the cabin). Anyway, here you are...

Sorry, for the shitty pictures...I almost always forget that there's actually a flash on my camera! Oops!

Not crazy awesome or anything, but a decent cake! And I thought it tasted pretty good, even though my Dad likes white cake with vanilla frosting and I'm a yellow cake with chocolate frosting kind of girl!

No comments: