Thursday, November 3, 2011

Eden Park

 Eden Park is one of those places in the city that I haven't been to that much.  Maybe a handful of times, at best.  But it was one of the places on Amanda's list when she came to visit this past week.  For her, it's special...a place surrounded by memories.  For her, the view isn't new, it's an old acquaintance that she began to know and love just after she moved to Cincinnati.  That was long before her and I were HLPs, and actually before her and I were really friends.  But being there this weekend, seeing her take it all in and the memories flood back...it made me think of when I first came to Cincinnati.  And how those first places I visited, those areas and restaurants, are some of the most special and comfortable places, for me, in the city.  It's those sensory memories that maybe we don't always acknowledge and we usually take for granted that are perfect and magnificent when we stop for a second and breathe them in.



  While Amanda took in the view, I left her alone for a bit and explored the area around the lookout.








What about you fellow Cincinnatians or former Cincinnatians, what are your favorite places in the city that hold some special meaning for you?

3 comments:

Jennifer Chasse said...

Wow! Your pictures are amazing. I have never been to Cincinnati but it looks so pretty and green. And all the leaves changing colors.... I am so jealous. All I get is brown. And more brown. And a tumble weed. Have a great day.

Thomas said...

Thomas here, we met once at the Accenture Christmas party. Antoine was showing me pics of your house and I started following your blog.

Anyway just wanted to say that Eden Park is swank but my favorite has to be Alms Park. It is an adventure just trying to find it and the small size means you are usually one of 3 people there.

dissolvedintosomething said...

Hi Thomas! That's so much for following, I really appreciate it!

You know, I've never been to Alms park, but I've always wanted to go. Antoine and I tried once...but we just kept ending up on 50...and we were even following the signs!