Friday, November 11, 2011

Tacos Anyone?!

After our rather disappointing trip to the Museum Center, Antoine and I decided to go to a place that never seems to disappoint, Findlay Market.  Weekends at Findlay are bustling and there's always something to try or buy (like mammoth whoopie pies, for example).  We were both feeling a little peckish post museum and we knew exactly where we wanted to go for lunch, Mama Lo Hizo.

A couple weeks ago Antoine had brought me lunch while I was at work.  At the time I was craving a Vietneamese noodle dish from Pho Lang Thang.  But Antoine decided to get his lunch from Mama Lo Hizo, which opened up in Findlay at the end of the summer, but we hadn't tried yet.  It specializes in tacos and burritos...think a local version of Chipotle, where you customize your meal to your liking.  So, when Antoine brought me my lunch and we sat down to eat I surveyed his lunch: two tacos and a some chips and queso blanco.  Now, I'm not known for being a huge fan of Mexican food.  I'm a wimp when it comes to spicy things and Mexican tends to be a spicy cuisine.  But if you're in the mood for Mexican food and you want me to go with you all you have to say to me are two words: "queso blanco".  And I'm sold!  Like I'm running out the door while trying not to slip in my own saliva!  (Gross, I know!)  I'm sorry, but a bowl of melty delicious cheese that you dip chips in...YES PLEASE!  Sign me up!  So, I was sitting there with Antoine, eating my delicious noodles with lemongrass chicken staring down that bowl of queso blanco like it was the last bowl of melted cheese on the planet.  And Antoine, being the wonderful sharing fella that he is let me try it...and YUM!  It was delicious!  Probably one of the best queso blancos I've ever had.

So, when I couple of weeks later Antoine and my stomachs were growling we knew only one thing at Findlay could satisfy them in just the perfect way, queso blanco from Mama Lo Hizo.  So, we got to Findlay and stood in line at Mama's.  And since our stomachs were practically talking for us at this point, we each got two tacos and an order of chips and queso to share.  And a Mexican Coke.  We were hungry.  And it was good...



 Chips, queso blanco, and a Coke.

 One of my tacos: steak, lettuce, cheese, and corn salsa.  The corn salsa is particularly sweet here, which A and I both really liked.  Also, we both enjoyed how cold the condiments are in comparison to the meat and torilla...it's very refreshing.

 My other taco: ground beef, lettuce, cheese and pico de gallo.  The ground beef was definitely my favorite, it had great flavor to it, yet wasn't spicy or overwhelming.  I also tried a bite of Antoine's chicken taco which was seasoned nicely as well.

 Oh queso blanco, you're so pretty and delicious!

Antoine trying to scrape up every last bit of queso! Oh Antoine, you're so adorable!

I highly recommend checking out Mama Lo Hizo next time you're in the mood for lunch at Findlay.  Really, it doesn't get much better than having lunch at Findlay market.  Next time I go I'm definitely going to try one of their churros, they looked awesome!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  A and I are on our way to the Cleveland area today for a wedding of a long time friend of mine.  Then tomorrow we've got some fun activities planned with my cousin and my HLP!  Yay!

No comments: