Friday, July 23, 2010

Happy Friday!

It's been a long couple of days! Lots of working, running around, puppy watching, and not sleeping going on...so I'm really looking forward to 4:30pm, when I can go home, put on my pajamas and just curl up on the couch with Antoine and a, hopefully, exhausted puppy!

A Cheese Update:

He's a complete character!

And so freaking adorable...everywhere we go he's like a little attention hog! It's astonishing how strangers will come up to you and ask to hold your dog. One lady asked if she could hold him, then proceeded to kiss and hug him until his snout was littered with bright pink lipstick! Crazy!!

Today Antoine is taking Cheese babysitting with him! Every Friday Antoine works from home (well, actually his parents house) and babysits his two year old nephew while his brother and mom are at work. This will be the second time (the first time was on Antoine's birthday) Cheese and said two year old have interacted together and I'm expecting to see a very worn out puppy when I get home tonight! After their first encounter Cheese was out for the count after only an hour of rowdy, energetic playtime with the two year old. This time...he might just sleep for days!

The cats are finally warming up to the Cheese-man...kind of! They've all emerged from the hiding places. I swear, Buddy spent two full days hiding upstairs, and when Cheese was upstairs he'd immediate scurry downstairs! Not such a tough guy now, are you Buddy!? Missy, on the other hand, has been the only brave one...she shows practically no fear when it comes to Cheese and will even walk right up to him!

Wednesday was, as you may know, Antoine's birthday. I was supposed to close at Sbux Tuesday night and then Antoine and I were supposed to have the whole day together free from work...well, things changed. My favorite morning barista at Sbux, Amy, was horribly sick (like Viral Meningitis-esque sick) and couldn't work her opening shift Wednesday morning. Our store manager, who I happened to be closing with Tuesday night, spent most of the night calling around trying to find somebody to cover her shift (which started at 5am). When no one said they could do it, I stepped forward I said I'd do it. Insane, I know! But it's Amy, and I adore Amy! And she's a total sweetheart and I know she'd do it for me! So, I got out of Sbux around 11:30pm...home around midnight...and finally got to bed around 1:30am. Next thing I know, it's 4am and my alarm is going off.

I ended up working for three hours, dragging my feet and my fuzzy, sleep-deprived brain around the store and then I went to the grocery store to get the fixings for Antoine's special birthday breakfast. I spent the rest of the morning washing dishes and making breakfast (pancakes with lemon-blueberry topping and whipped cream and a side of bacon), while trying to keep Cheese occupied! Breakfast was a success! We later ran some errands, visited my sister at her work so she could see the Cheese, and then went to Antoine's parents for a little early birthday dinner. It was a nice day, but by the end of it I was exhausted.

Yesterday was pretty much the same...too much work and not enough sleep...followed by a migraine. Not fun! Having a migraine is not fun in itself, but then having one while trying to make lattes and frappachinos...that's just hell right there! But it all worked in the end, by the time 9:30pm rolled around my migraine had dulled and I only had two hours left at Sbux. And when I got home I was greeted by an excited puppy and a couple little surprises from Antoine. First, I walked in the front door, and after said puppy greeting, I immediately noticed that the living room was filled with folded clean clothes! I'd been meaning to do laundry forever now, and Antoine had decided to take on a laundry exodus of extraordinary proportions! And as if that wasn't sweet enough...I walk into the kitchen to find these...

[photo courtesy of Pioneer Woman]

I had seen these delicious "Muffins that taste like donuts" on Pioneer Woman and I immediately showed them to Antoine and told him I wanted to make them sometime! But, Antoine, being the sweet guy he is and knowing I wasn't feeling well, decided he'd do the work for me! How freaking amazing is that?!? Answer: pretty flippin' amazing! And the verdict...delicious! Oh how I love cinnamon and sugar together! I just had one for breakfast...they really do taste kind of like donuts! I'd highly recommend giving the recipe a try!

Anyway, I hope you folks have a wonderful Friday and a killer weekend! I'll see you next week...when I'm hopefully a little more rested!

No comments: