Wednesday, March 10, 2010

As Usual, Antoine's Arms to the Rescue

Now, as you may remember from my previous post I was feeling very sucky yesterday afternoon. The consulting blues had gotten me down (again, and probably not for the last time). But as usual, I felt immediately better once I got home and Antoine wrapped his arms around me. Don't get me wrong, I've still got the consulting blues, but I realize now that this is just all part of our life together. If he ends up having to do consulting work it is just another chapter in our relationship...another test (one I know we can pass). And as much as I don't want to admit it, this is probably the best time for him to do consulting...he's young, we're not engaged, we don't have a family (except for those evil kitties). With consulting he'll learn so much more in one year than he did in two or three at his current job, and the probability of him moving up in the company is exponentially greater. As the practical one in our relationship I understand these factors. I understand them and what they'll mean for his future and our future. But as Antoine's partner and love I can't help but feel the urge to wrap my arms around his ankles and scream "Don't go! Don't leave me! What I'm I supposed to do without you!?" But I know what's right and what I have to do, and so does Antoine.

In other news, I made no attempt to go to the gym last night (surprise, surprise), but I DID clean the bathroom! It's about small victories for me right now, so I'll take it!

No comments: