Thursday, March 11, 2010

Why I Love Etsy!

I love Etsy...I think most women nowadays do! I know that's a generalization, but they have so many different types of handmade items that appeal to such a wide variety of people, that I think it's probably a true generalization! It's a great place to ogle at a variety of different things, anything from hand spun yarn to one-of-a-kind jewelry. Custom wedding dresses to taxidermied insects! I could go on and on. Etsy is one of my favorite places to buy earrings (among other things) and I will admit I have a little bit of a problem...but I'm supporting crafters and artists, so it's okay!

Well, I was recently perusing Etsy when I came across the shop of Diffractionfiber. The lady behind this fantastic shop, Beth, is based in Chicago and makes some super fantastic pillows! My favorites include:

Unlock My Heart Pillow Set

Blue Bird Pillow

Mix Tape Pillow-- Perfect Gift for Your Music Addict Friend, Boyfriend or Sibling

Blam and other fun onomatopoeia

Another reason Diffractionfiber is so awesome is the fact that she uses Eco-friendly felt, made of 100% recycled plastic bottles! And she's willing to customize your order, using different colors or even personalizing a pillow with embroidery! I really wish Antoine and I didn't have pillows for our couches, because I would definitely buy some of these!

No comments: