Monday, March 15, 2010

How Do Real Nurses Do It?

Well, this weekend was not the funnest of weekends. I worked Friday night, which was busy and a longer shift than I'm used to on a week day. Also, we close at midnight on Fridays and Saturdays...not fun. Then I had to work at Sbux again the next morning from 8am to 4pm...also really busy and not fun. Then, to top it all off, Antoine was sick this weekend, with the flu! I tried to play nurse and feed him gatorade and chicken noodle soup but he still isn't feeling well. This morning he woke up at 4am shivering. Even with all the blankets on the bed on him (that's two vellux blankets and two down comforters) and me rubbing his arms to try to get him warm he was still shivering for the next hour or so.

But now, of course, I'm not feeling too hot! I don't know how real nurses do it!? They are around sick people all day...how are they not perpetually ill!? Of course I'm sure, for the most part, they're not kissing the patients and cuddling with them on the couch... Maybe I should have been actually playing "nurse" instead of playing "empathetic girlfriend" who thinks hugs have healing powers!? Oh well!

**Update: Antoine just went to the doctor and found out he has viral meningitis! He's okay, just dehydrated. His neck pain isn't significant enough to warrant going to the emergency room, so that's good! Scary!

No comments: