Monday, March 8, 2010

It's Monday...AGAIN!!!

As the folks in Office Space would say, I've got a "case of the Mondays", and it's a doozy! I woke up this morning thoroughly disappointed that it was no longer Sunday and in fact we had moved onto the dreaded MONDAY! Now, Mondays are normally bummers for me anyway. Not only does it mean the first day back after a weekend off (at least from my day job), but it is also a back-to-back day. This means I have to be at [real] work at 7:30 in the AM and then I get off at 4:30, have an hour to pick up Antoine from work, drive to the [part time] job and find something for dinner and change into THE uniform before I have to start my usual 5:30pm to 11:30pm shift. Not the most fun of Mondays. But, what makes this particular Monday even worse is the awesomeness of Sunday (yesterday) in comparison! I had such an amazing day yesterday, one that it's hard to recover from and return back to reality! However, there's just no escaping reality! Instead, I shall daydream all day about my wonderful, glorious Sunday off and hope for a repeat in the near future.

In other random news, Antoine and I started watching the tv show How I Met Your Mother last night! We're liking it so far, although we haven't watched much yet, just a few episodes. The funny thing is months and months ago I took one of those silly quizzes on Facebook (because I was bored out of my mind), "Which TV couple are you?". I answered the nonsensical questions I was asked and in the end Antoine and I were most comparable to Marshall and Lily (from How I Met Your Mother). Now, at the time I didn't really know who Marshall and Lily were (although I had a friend of my sister's comment that we were definitely Marshall and Lily) and I frankly didn't believe Facebook because it's a ridiculous quiz that you merely take because you're bored and you're an easily amused human being! Well, I'm starting to think that maybe Facebook got it right! We were watching the How I Met Your Mother and the "Olive Theory" was mentioned. On the show, Marshall hates olives and Lily loves them, so it works out when they order something containing olives! Antoine and I have our own "Olive Theory"...except it's the "Pickle Theory"! I LOVE pickles (I used to drink pickle juice when I was little) and Antoine doesn't like them...so any time we go for a burger or we get Chick-fil-A chicken sandwiches I always get his pickles, yay! Besides the Olive/Pickle Theory there's also their general mushiness/can't-keep-their-hands-off-each-other-ness which Antoine and I are also afflicted with...we just can't help ourselves! I'm excited to keep watching the show and see if there are any more likenesses between Marshall and Lily and us! I'll keep you posted!

No comments: